Source : Majalah Niaga
Translated by Juzaila Jumari
The power of sadaqah (charity) .
As a Muslim, we are encouraged to be charitable and give alms. I must admit, sometimes even I talk myself out of being charitable. I will look at my wallet, barely a few notes left till my next pay cheque, how was I going to survive till then if I gave away my money to charity.
Astaghfirullah, how little faith I had. Allah promises the rewards to be manifold when we are charitable!
And be steadfast in prayer; practise regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship). – Al Baqarah 2 : 43
They ask thee what they should spend (In charity). Say: Whatever ye spend that is good, is for parents and kindred and orphans and those in want and for wayfarers. And whatever ye do that is good, -Allah knoweth it well. – Al Baqarah 2:215
According to OrbitIslam.com, the Quran mentions about alms and charity 150 times!
How Allah promises are true, I like to share with you the story of Fellina and her husband who started with 100Rm and went on to be multi-millionaires in just 1 year with just the act of giving.
One of the ways to multiply your wealth is through charity. While I was charitable in the past, I never truly understand the concept of charity. Besides having a sincere intention, you must also have faith and conviction that your wealth is being invested for something better.
A lot of people think that you need to be wealthy first before you can give. The cliche of ‘I barely have enough for myself, how can I be charitable?’ is a flawed logic. You are wrong! We always say, before you ask anything from Allah, give first. If you don’t have a lot, a little bit will do.
Some of the things we practise doing;
1. Prior to any planning, we worry about the risk. Sometimes we are not always sure if the plan we chose will succeed but regardless we will start with having a congregation and make duas and prayers. It doesn’t have to be a big congregation. You can start with buying some food and give them away to your neighbours and make duas together.
2. I will take all the money from the boutique’s day sale and wholly gave them away for charity spontaneously. Think. The money is being used for an investment that will multiply in rewards. Even if the sales is in the thousands, don’t think about the losses, just GIVE.
3. When you go to the store, don’t take the change. It maybe a small change like 20 cents but sincerity will multiply it to 20 thousand?
4. When we see beggars on the streets I always wonder if they are part of a syndicate so I will usually observe first before giving. However, if they are selling something, I will buy more than I need and then think of the people I want to give it to and share.
5. Pay more than what is charged for service. If you get hired help for housework, I will pay more than what is charged as an act of charity.
6. Help without asking for payment. When people asks for a review, they will usually ask how much. I will often reject any payment and do it for free or we exchanged reviews. That is also charity.
7. Sometimes when I see friends selling stuff online and I don’t have a need for it, I will still share their status with my friends. You’ll never know who might have a need for it. I will also allow them to tag me in their businesses. I consider sharing our online spaces an act of charity too.
8. Make dua as a charity for those who have hurt us. Sometimes I do get hurt when people question my sincerity, my transition and the knowledge that I share. I don’t feel like justifying or explain so I just make a lot of duas for them.
I don’t know how to prove to you how this concept giving influence my life but I am certain that Allah has made a lot of things easy for me. My rizqi flows in smoothly and multiplies, all that I plan for works out and most importantly there are less problems overall.
I started off with my own beauty products and the proceed to health supplements, textile and now to children’s caliph supplements that are aligned to the sunnah. People thought my success has been amazing but I don’t believe that I am amazing because Allah knows that I and my husband truly believe in Him and as a result, He bless us with opportunities and with it comes its responsibilities.
The scope of charity is wide and varied. Be creative. In this sharing, I am also giving you charity through knowledge! Do it sincerely for Allah!
Do you like this post? Subscribe to us here.